Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Free Write - Figurative Language

A time when I felt really disappointed was when I failed my driving test. I took a ten driving lesson course. I learned pretty quick and felt really confident before all the ten lessons were done but I continued to take them as to not waste my money and to improve my driving skills even more. On the road test day, I was excited like a little kid gets excited when he goes trick or treating for the first time. I had to wait a long time because other people in line were waiting their turn. As I was waiting, for some reason all that confidence I had went down the drain. I started to get nervous. My heart was pounding hard trying to get out of my chest. My right leg got numb and I got worried because it would be difficult to drive with a numb leg. However all that was for a while. I regained my confidence when it was my turn to do the road test. I think I got overconfident because I failed in the first thirty seconds. The first thing I had to do was drive straight and make a left turn into a four lane street. I started off at a kind of high speed and did a nice left turn but it was in the second lane and not in the first like it was supposed to be.  Immediately I was told I failed. The instructor’s tone was so plain but at the same time had an angry tone and it irritated me so much. All the anger I had awakened and started a silent rampage. It hurt being told I failed and that I needed more practice. I felt like hitting him but I knew that would get me in serious trouble. He told me that I had to turn back to the starting point. I did as he said but I did it recklessly, I was mad and I didn’t care how my other turns were or my stops or anything else seeing as I failed already. I was actually lucky that he didn’t prohibit me from ever getting a license. I really have no idea why I got so angry at a situation like this because it wasn’t a big deal. A couple months later I took the road test again and I got my license.

No comments:

Post a Comment